How to Prepare Tasty lactation cookies
lactation cookies. Here is my take on lactation cookies: I don't know if the COOKIES really work, but I do believe that Now, these are cookies. I tried a few recipes in the last couple weeks. These cookies feature brewers' yeast, wheat germ, flax seed, and whole oats to help support milk production for lactating mothers.
Lactation cookies are full of "galactogogues" — a funny-sounding name for foods that are thought to increase milk supply naturally. Oatmeal, fennel, and fenugreek are some of the most well known. A nutritionist breaks down the ingredients in these treats meant to help breastfeeding moms boost their milk supply. You can cook lactation cookies using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of lactation cookies
- It's of dry.
- It's 1 cup of self raising wholemeal flour.
- It's 3/4 cup of Brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of flaxseed meal.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 2 tbsp of Brewers yeast.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of oats.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fruit/chocolate.
- Prepare of moist.
- It's 1 of egg.
- You need 3 tsp of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- Prepare of dairy.
- You need 1/2 cup of low fat butter.
Oatmeal Lactation Cookies - Do Lactation Cookies Work? Lactation cookies are a great way to help increase your milk supply! The key ingredient is the brewer's yeast. Lactation cookies with oatmeal and chocolate chips are a treat for breastfeeding mommies!
lactation cookies instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar then add the egg and vanilla. Mix well..
- In a separate bowl, combine the flaxseed and water, let sit for a few minutes before adding to mix.
- Add the dry ingredients (apart from the oats and your additional ingredients) and mix well again..
- Finally, stir in the oats and your additional ingredient..
- Make the biscuits (I use a desert spoon as a rough size guide) and place them onto a lightly greased or lined baking tray. Flatten them a little with your fingers or a spatula – if you like a soft centre, don’t squish them down too much. If you like you can just make them into balls – I do this and love the soft centre!.
- Try the original recipe first, but if you don’t notice much of an increase in supply, add more brewers yeast, and if you like, more flax seed meal too (don’t forget to increase the water to match)..
Brewer's yeast, flaxseed, and oatmeal are the special ingredients. This lactation cookies recipe contains many galactagogue foods believed to increase breastmilk supply for breastfeeding moms. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies by Noel Trujillo. Lactation cookies are strategically developed with ingredients that are thought to boost milk supply. These ingredients include Skip the lactation cookies that are all cookie and no lactation - these are the galactagogue-filled Yes, lactation cookies are exactly what the name implies — cookies to help with human milk.