Easiest Way to Make Delicious Pandan green coconut rice dessert (vegan, gluten free)
Pandan green coconut rice dessert (vegan, gluten free). Who doesn't need a colorful, extra quick and easy, super tasty, new side dish recipe? We absolutely love this rich and flavorful coconut rice as a side dish with pretty much anything including curries, veggie bowls, or stir. Pandan is a green paste made from pandan leaves (a herb), which makes it a nice dessert for Christmas or St.
This Indonesian dessert is vegan Easy to make with kids. Steam a batch of these vegan rice cakes made with gluten-free rice flour, tapioca starch, coconut milk, and optional food. These Chocolate Coconut Cookie Bars have twice the chocolate and coconut flakes for oodles of deliciousness. You can have Pandan green coconut rice dessert (vegan, gluten free) using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pandan green coconut rice dessert (vegan, gluten free)
- Prepare 450 ml of Thai glutinous rice (will cook with 1.2times of liquid).
- Prepare 6 of fresh pandan leaves.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk (400ml) devided into half amount.
- Prepare 40 g of raw brown sugar.
- Prepare of Sesame seeds for garnish.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sugar(for coconut milk sauce).
- You need 1 Tsp of cornstarch.
They have no added fats, and are I also love the taste of almond flour in desserts. I don't bake much with starchy gluten-free flours because I find the almond flour goodies not only taste. Healthy keto dessert recipes that can also be dairy free, gluten free, egg free, low carb, sugar free, paleo, no bake, and vegan! Chalk it up to my love of high fat foods, I guess.
Pandan green coconut rice dessert (vegan, gluten free) instructions
- Cut the fresh pandan leaves into small pieces using scissors. Using stick blender, make a green smoothie out of the leaves adding 1/4 cups of water. Using a tea strainer and spoon get lid of pulps and save the green liquid in a measuring cup..
- In the measuring cup with green liquid, carefully add water up to 540ml in total..
- Wash glutinous rice until the water runs clear. Drain water from the rice. In a cooking pot, add the washed rice and the 540 ml of green liquid together and soak for 30min..
- 〈Making coconut milk sauce〉In a small cooking pot, add in 200ml of coconut milk, 1Tbsp of sugar and 1 tea spoon of cornstarch. Heat them with medium low heat until thickened. Set aside and cool the sauce..
- 〈Making raw sugar syrup〉Crush the raw sugar if it’s lumpy and make it powdery. Add small amount of water and cook with medium heat until thick. (It tastes the same as Japanese “kuromitsu"sugar syrup. You can buy it at Japanese grocery).
- After soaking rice for 30min, cook the rice with medium heat. When boiled reduce the heat to low heat and cook until all the water disappear. (You can use rice cooker if you have.).
- When rice is cooked in the pot, mix in 200ml of coconut milk while the rice is still hot. Put all the rice-coconut milk mixture into a cake mold and steam it with high heat for another 20-30min in a steamer until you see no liquid.(You can omit the steaming procedure if you are using rice cooker. If so, just mix in the 200ml of coconut milk in cooked rice and leave until it is not watery.).
- Scoop out the rice about a size of 1 icecream scoop. Make a little hole and put the raw sugar syrup inside the hole and drizzle over cooled coconut sauce. Top with sesame seeds for garnish..
- It tasted really good. Save the leftover rice and coconut milk sauce in fridge. Warm the rice with microwave when you eat..
To respond to the high volume of requests I've gotten for vegan keto desserts, I compiled a list below of the dairy free keto. Creamy Coconut Rice Pudding with a tropical kick - super easy to make, a real joy to eat and it's vegan too! Sure enough, the rice started to thicken and the coconut did its stuff. Giving it a quick stir every now then I wondered off and left it simmering gently away for half an hour, and did whatever. Rice is naturally gluten-free and one of the least allergenic grains.