Recipe: Tasty Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
Blueberry Oatmeal Bars.
You can cook Blueberry Oatmeal Bars using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
- It's 1 1/2 cups of gluten free oat flour (blend oats to make your own flour).
- It's 1 1/2 cup of gluten free rolled oats.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 8 tablespoons of melted vegan butter (1 vegan butter stick).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract.
- Prepare of Blueberry Filling:.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of or more blueberries (fresh or frozen).
- It's 3 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of almond extract.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
Blueberry Oatmeal Bars instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper & spray with cooking spray.
- Base & crumble topping: In large bowl, mix together oat flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, & salt. Add in melted butter, vanilla & almond extract. Stir until a nice crumble-like dough forms..
- Place 1 3/4 cups of the mixture into pan & press down evenly with hands. put remaining crumble in fridge for later..
- Blueberry filling: place a pot over medium heat. add blueberries, syrup, almond extract, cornstarch, and salt. Use wooden spoon to press down on blueberries a bit..
- Bring pot to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 5-10 more minutes or until mixture is thicccccc.
- Pour blueberry filling into pan over the crust and spread evenly..
- Use the remaining crumble from the fridge to sprinkle over the filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until blueberry filling is bubbly & crumble is golden.
- Allow bars to cool completely before cutting. serve immediately plain or with ice cream for a sweet treat (:.