Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Energy Bars
You can have Energy Bars using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Energy Bars
- You need 1 cup of regular rolled oats.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of oat bran.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of flax seed.
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped roasted salted peanuts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped dried mission figs.
- You need 3/4 cup of natural chunky peanut butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of low-fat milk.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It's 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare of Finely shredded zest from one lemon.
- It's 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
Energy Bars instructions
- Line a 9 x 13" pan with parchment paper leaving an overhang on the 9 inch side. Coat with cooking oil spray.
- In a large bowl stir together oats, oats bran, flaxseed, flour, baking powder, salt, peanuts, cranberries, and figs until well blended.
- Mix together peanut butter, milk, egg, honey, lemon zest, and lemon juice until well blended.
- Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture and beat until completely blended.
- Scrape dough into pan and, with wet fingers or a rubber spatula, fill pan completely and evenly. Chill dough until firm approximately 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Lift dough out of pan using parchment paper. Cut bars lengthwise, down the middle. Cut bars crosswise, at 1 1/2 inches wide, making approximately 16 bars.
- Place bars about 1 inch apart on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper..
- Bake bars for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and somewhat firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool completely..