How to Prepare Tasty Skinny Honey Lemon Bars
Skinny Honey Lemon Bars.
You can cook Skinny Honey Lemon Bars using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Skinny Honey Lemon Bars
- Prepare of Crust.
- You need 6 tbsp of white whole wheat flour.
- It's 6 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It's 1/3 cup of light brown sugar (not packed).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It's 2 tsp of grated lemon zest.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled.
- It's 1 tbsp of fat free Greek yogurt.
- You need of Filling.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1 large of egg, lightly beaten.
- It's 1 large of egg white, lightly beaten.
- It's 2 tbsp of white whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 pinch of kosher salt.
- You need 1 tsp of grated lemon zest.
- You need 5 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of powdered sugar, for dusting on top.
Skinny Honey Lemon Bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a square pan with aluminum foil.
- For the crust: combine flours, brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Mix until well combined before adding butter and yogurt. Mix lightly and press into even layer on the pan..
- Bake until evenly browned 20-25 min. Cool for 15-20min. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F..
- For filling: mix eggs, honey, lemon zest, flour and salt in bowl. Stir in lemon juice and pour over cooled crust. Bake until filling is set, 22min..
- Cool completely before taking out of the pan and sprinkle with sugar..