How to Cook Yummy Ambrosia Squares
You can cook Ambrosia Squares using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ambrosia Squares
- Prepare of crust.
- It's 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- It's 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It's 2 tbsp of lemon zest.
- It's 8 tbsp of butter cut into bits.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of fat free Greek yogurt (honey flavored is best flavor).
- Prepare of filling.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut flakes.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of 1/8 salt.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- It's 5 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
Ambrosia Squares step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare an 8 inch square metal or glass (preferably metal) baking pan with two sheets if aluminum foil crossing each other..
- In a food processor, combine flour, brown sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Process until combine, then add butter and yogurt, pulse at least a dozen times.
- Pour mixture into your baking pan and press it down with your floured hands (so it sticks to the pan and not you).
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden brown and let cool on a metal rack (don't remove from the pan yet though).
- Whisk together eggs, honey, lemon zest, flour and salt in a medium bowl then stir in the lemon juice.
- Cover the crust you made with a thin layer of coconut flakes.
- Pour your egg, honey mixture on top of the flakes and bake at 325 for another 20 to 30 minutes. When finished let cool, sprinkle with some powdered sugar, cut in to squares and enjoy! ( be sure to keep it refrigerated!).